In the first session, we touched on the basics of effective manuscript writing and error-free submission leading to successful publication. Competent research skills and publications in high-impact journals are equally important for a flourishing academic career. Manuscripts are not only evaluated for the originality of the study and the key findings but also on the grounds of structure, data presentation, and readability. Unfortunately, many papers do not even reach as far as the review process and fall prey to desk-rejection by the journal editors itself due to non-compliance to internationally accepted language requirements. This session is primarily targeted towards researchers who wish to submit their papers to top-notch international journals but face difficulty due to lack of knowledge.
Through this session, researchers will have an improved understanding of the following:
- Overview of the academic publishing processes
- Standard structure of an academic paper (IMRAD format)
- Importance of literature review and structuring of the reference list
- Preparing the manuscript for publication and journal selection
- Manuscript submission and the peer review process
Our second session focused on discussing the research methodologies in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. Both of these fields employ qualitative and quantitative methods to draw meaningful conclusions. In this session, we discussed the popular research methodologies types which will help researchers navigate their way through their research journey.
Through this session, researchers will have more information about the following:
- Types of methods in humanities
- Significance and standard protocols of historical research
- Critical analysis of historical research data
- Definition and principles of textual criticism
- Analyzing the credibility of information
- Types of conceptual analysis and model protocols for each
- Significance and use of synoptic methods
- Insights on Digital Humanities and its utilization
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Prof. Michael Prieler
A distinguished researcher, a published author, and a public speaker, Prof. Prieler is currently appointed as a professor at Hallym University—a top-ranked media and communication school in South Korea. In the past, he was also briefly associated with the University of Illinois (USA) and Temple University (Japan). With 15+ years of research experience primarily focused on media, advertising, and health communication studies, Prof. Prieler has 40+ research papers with nearly 400 citations, 8 grants, and a book to his credit. His research papers have also been accepted and published in the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) indexed journals. Prof. Prieler serves on the editorial board of popular journals Sex Roles (Springer) and Moment Dergi (Moment Journal: Journal of Cultural Studies, Hacettepe University, Turkey). Additionally, he is affiliated with established publishing houses like Elsevier, Springer, Wiley, Routledge, Sage, Public Library of Science, etc. as a reviewer. Prof. Prieler has also been conferred with several prestigious awards such as Hallym University Distinguished Professor” award (2018-2020), Second Place Faculty Research Paper Award, AEJMC Conference (2016), etc.