Peer review is one of the most critical processes in academic publishing and continues to have a significant effect on the number and type of studies that get published each year. Being a part of the evaluation process and determining the accuracy of the work submitted is as important as having publications in the peer-reviewed journals. Not only it works as a catalyst in boosting your career as a researcher, but also keeps you up-to-date about the latest research even before it’s published. Celebrating the Peer Review Week 2019, Enago Academy conducted a live webinar guiding researchers to become a part of this rigorous but crucial process of scholarly publishing.
Through this webinar, researchers will learn:
- Overview of the peer review process
- Various peer review models adopted by journals
- How do journals select reviewers for a manuscript?
- Why becoming a peer reviewer is critical for researchers’ career progression?
- Tips on evaluating each section of the research paper
- How to draft a review report?
- Ethical practices that need to be followed by peer reviewers
About the Speaker
Prof. Michael Prieler, Ph.D.
- A distinguished researcher, a published author, and a public speaker, Prof. Prieler is currently appointed as a professor at Hallym University—a top-ranked media and communication school in South Korea. In the past, he was also briefly associated with the University of Illinois (USA) and Temple University (Japan).
- With 15+ years of research experience primarily focused on media, advertising, and health communication studies, Prof. Prieler has 40+ research papers with nearly 400 citations, 8 grants, and a book to his credit. His research papers have also been accepted and published in the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) indexed journals.
- Prof. Prieler serves on the editorial board of popular journals Sex Roles (Springer) and Moment Dergi (Moment Journal: Journal of Cultural Studies, Hacettepe University, Turkey). Additionally, he is affiliated with established publishing houses like Elsevier, Springer, Wiley, Routledge, Sage, Public Library of Science, etc. as a reviewer.
- Prof. Prieler has also been conferred with several prestigious awards such as Hallym University Distinguished Professor” award (2018-2020), Second Place Faculty Research Paper Award, AEJMC Conference (2016), etc.